Hello.
I just finished watching Charlie Bartlett for about the tenth time. Such a great movie!! Good movie to watch this week too. I'm going for my psych exam on Tuesday and my self-esteem is probably at an all-time low. Well, maybe the only time it was this low was when I went bulimic in grade five. Someone looking at me now wouldn't believe me but after I stopped making myself throw up, I started eating and I didn't stop. So now I'm right back to where I started. It's really hard for me to remember that I shouldn't go back to that. But when you have a brother like mine, a total jock, and when you look like I do, a total non-jock emo drama geek, it's really hard not to hate yourself. I've tried everything: sex, guys, caffeine, therapy, church, throwing up, over eating... and I'm still sad all the time. Writing helps but there are some days where I just want to lie there all day and not have to get up and face the real world
Because the real world sucks.
Signing out on that pessimist note,
Kade123
Today's other quote is from Monty Python!
Sir Bedevere: There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
Peasant 1: Are there? Oh well, tell us.
Sir Bedevere: Tell me. What do you do with witches?
Peasant 1: Burn them.
Sir Bedevere: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
Sir Bedevere: There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
Peasant 1: Are there? Oh well, tell us.
Sir Bedevere: Tell me. What do you do with witches?
Peasant 1: Burn them.
Sir Bedevere: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
Peasant 1: More witches.
Peasant 2: Wood.
Sir Bedevere: Good. Now, why do witches burn?
Peasant 3: ...because they're made of... wood?
Sir Bedevere: Good. So how do you tell whether she is made of wood?
Peasant 1: Build a bridge out of her.
Sir Bedevere: But can you not also build bridges out of stone?
Peasant 1: Oh yeah.
Sir Bedevere: Does wood sink in water?
Peasant 1: No, no, it floats!... It floats! Throw her into the pond!
Sir Bedevere: No, no. What else floats in water?
Peasant 1: Bread.
Peasant 2: Apples.
Peasant 3: Very small rocks.
Peasant 1: Cider.
Peasant 2: Gravy.
Peasant 3: Cherries.
Peasant 1: Mud.
Peasant 2: Churches.
Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!
King Arthur: A Duck.
Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...
Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
Sir Bedevere: And therefore...
Peasant 2: ...A witch!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment